cray4348

Non-blood relationships

I'm not sure of the correct terminology on this, but what I would REALLY like to see in TMG is a relationship calculator that will tell me the relationship between me and my aunt's (mother's sister's) husband. I know that there is no blood relationship, but he's still my uncle and I would like to know that relationship.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Bob

I'm not sure of the correct terminology on this, but what I would REALLY like to see in TMG is a relationship calculator that will tell me the relationship between me and my aunt's (mother's sister's) husband. I know that there is no blood relationship, but he's still my uncle and I would like to know that relationship.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Bob

It isn't possible with the relationship calculator but...

if you already know the relationship there are numerous ways to show it.

See:

http://www.whollygenes.com/forums201/index...?showtopic=6910

for a discussion of this subject.

Guest ProudFossil

I have a custom event for just such a situation. Briefly it is an 'Other Event' named 'Related' in which the role 'In Law' has a sentence of

"[PF] is XXX's [M] through marriage". XXX would be your name, your uncle-in-law would be the principal, and [M] would be the relationship, in this case 'uncle'.

This is a quick snapshot of a rather complex set of similar roles and sentences with which I can depict any of the various social relationships I wish to exhibit. It does demonstrate the basis of all these other roles and sentences.

Hope this helps.

Mike