Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but I installed Second Site last week and a few things are not going the way they should:

1) For each person listed on the generated website, the father and mother are listed as well. However, the labels for both father and mother say "mother-bio" (in fact "moeder-bio" in dutch). When I double-click on father and mother in TMG, I have both "father-bio" and "mother-bio". So, any idea why the "father-bio" is translated into "mother-bio"?

2) The list of tags displayed in Second Site has other names than in TMG. In TMG I have the standard tags translated in Dutch (comes with my Dutch version), but in SS all labels in the list are English and all tags in a certain group (e.g. marriage) are translated into the same name ending with 1, 2,... (e.g. marriage1, marriage2, marriage3,...), which makes it very difficult to select which tags to display. Any idea of other Dutch (or foreign) customers having the same problem?

Dirk

Hi Dirk,

Welcome to the world of Second Site.

I think the problem is to do with the "language" parameters of Second Site, but being an English-language user, I haven't experimented with the other language functionality.

I wouldn't say this was the "wrong" forum, but if you care to subscribe to Second Site's own mailing list, there is a whole wealth of people and knowledge that can be brought your way for this piece of software. You can get access at http://lists5.rootsweb.com/index/other/Sof...SECONDSITE.html

There is definitely an answer. I hope you find it, and get as much satisfaction out of the program as I have.

Tony

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but I installed Second Site last week and a few things are not going the way they should:

1) For each person listed on the generated website, the father and mother are listed as well. However, the labels for both father and mother say "mother-bio" (in fact "moeder-bio" in dutch). When I double-click on father and mother in TMG, I have both "father-bio" and "mother-bio". So, any idea why the "father-bio" is translated into "mother-bio"?

2) The list of tags displayed in Second Site has other names than in TMG. In TMG I have the standard tags translated in Dutch (comes with my Dutch version), but in SS all labels in the list are English and all tags in a certain group (e.g. marriage) are translated into the same name ending with 1, 2,... (e.g. marriage1, marriage2, marriage3,...), which makes it very difficult to select which tags to display. Any idea of other Dutch (or foreign) customers having the same problem?

Dirk

Hi, Dirk,

when you start Second Site and say File > New and after giving it a name...

....in the following sub-window "Set Default Values" have you set it to use "Dutch-Standard" instead of "English-Standard"?

Hi Dirk,

Welcome to the world of Second Site.

I think the problem is to do with the "language" parameters of Second Site, but being an English-language user, I haven't experimented with the other language functionality.

I wouldn't say this was the "wrong" forum, but if you care to subscribe to Second Site's own mailing list, there is a whole wealth of people and knowledge that can be brought your way for this piece of software. You can get access at http://lists5.rootsweb.com/index/other/Sof...SECONDSITE.html

There is definitely an answer. I hope you find it, and get as much satisfaction out of the program as I have.

Tony

Tony,

Thanks a lot for the link, as I was not aware of that mailing list. And actually, it provided an answer for my second problem. I searched the archive and found a related question. The problem is indeed a language issue. Each of my tags have a dutch name. When I open the Master tag type list and edit a tag, I can choose between different languages. Of course, "Dutch" is selected for my TMG version and the correct (Dutch) names are shown. However, when I change the language to "English (US)", a different (English) tag name is displayed and actually this is the name displayed in SS. Just clearing the fields for the "English (US)" language solves the problem. I had exactly the same problem with GedStar Pro for my PDA and this is now solved as well. So thanks a lot. The only prolem remaining is the "Mother-Bio" problem.

Dirk