zanemc

Report output

Hi

All my reports are being output to a file rather then the screen as selecetd on the screen ??

Any suggestions ??

Thanks

Zane

Had reports previously been output to screen and then just started outputting to a file instead?

You are selecting Print and Save rather than Save (which saves the report definition)?

Virginia

Yes they were previosly been outputing to the screen , then just today it's strated sending all reports to a pdf screen even though "Screen" has been selecetd .

An yes I've been slecting " Print & save" .

Thanks

Zane

Even though you do not intend to print, in Properties on the report definition screen, try selecting a specific printer rather than the default printer.

Virginia

Vigrinia

I only have 1 printer a Cannon which is my default , but I've slecetd it then output the report to screen but it continues to print to a pdf file ??.

....and i's not only 1 reprot but all reports . But they can be printed to Word but not the screen ??

On reflecltion I think this problem may have started after aborting a large report ( Ahnentafel for all persons) done via the "end task" on Windows Manager .

Is this a TMG technical issue or should I reload TMG via the Trail copy & then enter my ID number ??

Thanks for your patience

Zane

Don't think about reinstalling yet. Try restoring the default report definition for one of the reports (use the Delete button under the report configuration name in the report options) and see if it fixes that report.

Virginia

I have a slightly different issue. Tried to print pages 8 and 9 of an individual narrative report. Wouldn't print. It wanted to print the whole thing. So, I tried to save this to a PDF file, and it saved it, but in a weird font. Now the message appears that the PDF print driver should be installed and do I want to do this. I try to manually delete that issue, and use the default printer, and it doesn't seem to work. How to resolve this?

iona

I have a slightly different issue. Tried to print pages 8 and 9 of an individual narrative report. Wouldn't print. It wanted to print the whole thing. So, I tried to save this to a PDF file, and it saved it, but in a weird font. Now the message appears that the PDF print driver should be installed and do I want to do this. I try to manually delete that issue, and use the default printer, and it doesn't seem to work. How to resolve this?

iona

When printing to screen, there is an option to print current page (the icon just right of the print icon). You can scroll to pages 8 and 9 and print each in turn, using that option.

TMG needs the PDF printer driver to correctly format your PDF report. Normally TMG loads and unloads that printer driver for a report. For some systems that does not work and you are given the 'Install PDF printer' option to install the driver. It won't hurt anything to install it.

Virginia