Quincon

Numeric Overflow at Import

Hello from a newbie,

I am attempting to import data from Generations Family Tree (Version 8.5a) and I am getting the following message. "Numeric overflow. Data was lost. 245 GBIMSOURCE" and the choices are Abort Retry or ignore.

I tried ignore dozens of times and it kept appearing and fear that this may concern a large part of the 5700 names in the database.

Michael

Some Generations databases are a problem because of the variability in the internal database structure.

Are you trying the import from Welcome / Import rather than File / Import? If not, try that.

If you send the database to me, I'll give it a try.

Click on the link below for my email.

Jim Byram

Some Generations databases are a problem because of the variability in the internal database structure.

Are you trying the import from Welcome / Import rather than File / Import? If not, try that.

If you send the database to me, I'll give it a try.

Click on the link below for my email.

Jim Byram

------------------------------------

Thank you Jim for your expert help. In future I will always compact the Generations Data bases that I import into TMG.

Regards

Michael

I'm also trying to use GenBridge to import from Generations to TMG. I have over 5000 records to import. It is EXTREMELY SLOW (almost 24 hours) for one thing, but I have received the "numeric overflow - data lost" warning several times. I've tried clicking all three options, retry (instantly the message reappears), ignore (goes away - import apparently continues at snail's pace) and abort (nothing much happens - I can only stop the import by calling up Windows Task Manager).

I just upgraded yesterday to TMG version 6.12.000.

:wub: