DougHo

using arrows within tag type list on Windows Vista

On Windows Vista, when I press F4 to bring up the tag type list then use down/up arrows to scroll to my desired tag, I hear a "Default Beep" noise on every press of the arrow key. Is this normal (it surely didn't happen before my upgrade from WinXP)?

P.S. A work-around for the frequent background "bleed-through" into TMG window seems to be to enable the application compatibility checkbox "disable desktop composition" (the work-around disables Aero temporarily). The bleed-through seems much like what I reported to Dorothy mid-2004 in TMG5.

Edited by DougHo

On Windows Vista, when I press F4 to bring up the tag type list then use down/up arrows to scroll to my desired tag, I hear a "Default Beep" noise on every press of the arrow key. Is this normal (it surely didn't happen before my upgrade from WinXP)?

I don't get that with either v6.12 or with the current development build. And I don't think that I've changed the default sounds. But I might have turned one off.

P.S. A work-around for the frequent background "bleed-through" into TMG window seems to be to enable the application compatibility checkbox "disable desktop composition" (the work-around disables Aero temporarily). The bleed-through seems much like what I reported to Dorothy mid-2004 in TMG5.

The blank list area refresh issue is a bug in the control used for the lists.

I too get the beeps when using the up/down arrow keys. It doesn't matter what screen I am in. For example, when on the person view, if I go up or down the tags, the beep is there. I have all beeps and in fact, all sounds turned off in my windows vista preferences, but I still get them in TMG.

Siobhan

A work-around for the frequent background "bleed-through" into TMG window seems to be to enable the application compatibility checkbox "disable desktop composition" (the work-around disables Aero temporarily). The bleed-through seems much like what I reported to Dorothy mid-2004 in TMG5.

Thank you DougHo, this has solved the problem I experienced (posted here) so far... Touch wood ;)

Edited by The Oakster

A work-around for the frequent background "bleed-through" into TMG window seems to be to enable the application compatibility checkbox "disable desktop composition" (the work-around disables Aero temporarily). The bleed-through seems much like what I reported to Dorothy mid-2004 in TMG5.

I added this work-around to the WinVista PDF. Many thanks.

DonHo, thank you very much for sharing the workaround for the bleed-through issue under Vista. I just disabled desktop composition and can finally read the PV again. This makes a huge difference for me, and I'm really grateful.

Cheryl Freeman