kathytabb

Flag value won't change

Also posted to the TMG list, sure hope someone can help....

I looked in the TMG list Archives and found this discussed in January. Also found a similar problem posted here in 2005. Linda had suggested a workaround for flags not being changed: to right click on the person, click on edit name tag, OK, then the focus changes (for me) to a blank person screen. When I "go back" by clicking on the round arrow at the top of the menu, I get some other person. I finally get back to the person I wanted, but when I try to change my Cleaned flag from N to Y, it still won't take. This just started recently after doing several hours of work, cleaning up from a focus group of about 6500 names. I've done maint. routines from the menu. I've closed the file and re-opened it, and it works for one or two edits, then the flag freezes up again.

I'm running TMG's version 6.12 under XP2. Project Explorer is CLOSED. Open windows are the Details Screen, siblings, children, flags, and Focus Group.

Is there a fix? Or one in the works? Suggestions?

Kathy Tabb

Hi Kathy,

I didn't see your post on the list, but this happened to me when I was doing my cleanup project. You say you are working from the focus group with the PE closed, but my suggestion is to open the PE, right-click on it and make sure that "Link Project Explorer to other Windows" is not checked. Just closing it isn't enough, you have to uncheck the link option. I had exactly the same problems you are having until I found that I had to uncheck the option, and that took care of everything. You can even leave the PE open after unchecking the link. This took care of the problem for me, and I hope it helps.

Cheryl Freeman

Also posted to the TMG list, sure hope someone can help....

I looked in the TMG list Archives and found this discussed in January. Also found a similar problem posted here in 2005. Linda had suggested a workaround for flags not being changed: to right click on the person, click on edit name tag, OK, then the focus changes (for me) to a blank person screen. When I "go back" by clicking on the round arrow at the top of the menu, I get some other person. I finally get back to the person I wanted, but when I try to change my Cleaned flag from N to Y, it still won't take. This just started recently after doing several hours of work, cleaning up from a focus group of about 6500 names. I've done maint. routines from the menu. I've closed the file and re-opened it, and it works for one or two edits, then the flag freezes up again.

Hi Kathy,

I didn't see your post on the list, but this happened to me when I was doing my cleanup project. You say you are working from the focus group with the PE closed, but my suggestion is to open the PE, right-click on it and make sure that "Link Project Explorer to other Windows" is not checked. Just closing it isn't enough, you have to uncheck the link option. I had exactly the same problems you are having until I found that I had to uncheck the option, and that took care of everything. You can even leave the PE open after unchecking the link. This took care of the problem for me, and I hope it helps.

Cheryl Freeman

:rolleyes: Thanks so much Cheryl!!!! I unlinked the PE, went back to my original Focus Group, added back in the accents, worked on the file for about 6 hours today and did not have any problems at all!!! This makes it so much easier to edit the file for SecondSite.