JohnR

Repetative name search

Amongst some 18,000 names I have some 8,000 people with the same surname in my TMG database. Is there anyway of "retaining" the surname and searching just on first names?

At present when checking census lists or VRs against a picklist I have to type the same surname in each time and it is driving me mad (well at least a bit stranger than I used to be).

Suggestions welcome.

Assuming you are working with a group of people with the same surname - filter the simple picklist for the surname (eg Surname = Jones). Then Sort the picklist by Given name. To find 'Robert Jones', start typing Robert and the picklist will zero in on the given name - letter by letter - as you type.

Virginia

Assuming you are working with a group of people with the same surname - filter the simple picklist for the surname (eg Surname = Jones). Then Sort the picklist by Given name. To find 'Robert Jones', start typing Robert and the picklist will zero in on the given name - letter by letter - as you type.

Virginia

So simple, thank you. It appears not to be possible to have a second picklist open for those moments when it is quicker to search by a spouse than typing in say "Jones, Tom"