Caroline Gurney

Post has not appeared on a forum

I posted to the User Groups sub-forum on 1 April but my post has still not appeared there. I realise the forum is moderated but does it really take this long for posts to be accepted? My post is about the first meeting of a new User Group on 9 May and I am anxious for it to appear as soon as possible.

I posted to the TMG Users' Genealogy Web Sites forum a while ago which hasn't been posted yet either.

I posted to the TMG Users' Genealogy Web Sites forum a while ago which hasn't been posted yet either.

Thanks, Ben. I cleaned up the Web Sites forum and turned on several 'hidden' topics and deleted a couple of others which didn't have anything to do with the purpose of the forum.

Jim,

Do you look after the Calender as well? I'm finding it to be a "black hole". I have just about given up trying to post the details of our next User Group Meeting.

Cheers,

Neil Bradley

Do you look after the Calender as well? I'm finding it to be a "black hole". I have just about given up trying to post the details of our next User Group Meeting.

No, but it looks like I can. What's the problem?

Jim,

The posting I tried to make to the calender some weeks ago suddenly showed up today. Before I saw your post above I thought that you had "fixed" my post.

Now I'm still confused. My problem is that for the last two quarterly meetings I have tried to post the meeting details to the Calendar (multiple times) with almost no success.

Cheers, Neil

Calendar posting have to be made visible before they show up.

I found two not visible in May and made them visible... Brisbane on May 12 and 13. One needs to be removed? Since the user group topic shows meetings being on Saturday, I removed the Sunday meeting from the calendar. The June and July hidden meetings are also on Sunday and I wonder if they should be on Saturday.

Jim,

Are you talking about the "Make Visble to the Public" vs "Personal" option or is there some other function.

Jim,

Are you talking about the "Make Visble to the Public" vs "Personal" option or is there some other function.

The calendar would appear to be moderated like moderated forums. You (the user) can make additions but they are invisible until a moderator approves them and makes them visible.

Jim,

How would you suggest that I proceed when I have calendar postings that are not visible.

In the past I have sent a number of emails to everyone who I thought might be responsible but have never had a reply.

Cheers, Neil

How would you suggest that I proceed when I have calendar postings that are not visible.

Email me or pm me on the board and tell me that the listings are there and need to be made visible. Specify the dates so that I can locate them.