asilan

Backup problem + deleted output forms

I am using the UK Gold Edition version 6.09.000

I have two problems:

1. I have inadvertantly deleted the standard output forms for Parish Records (uk). How can I restore these OR can I be sent the text so that I can set them up again?

2. When I try to backup my files I get this error message: OLE error code 0x80040154: Class not registered. 0 MENUOBJTMG.MBACKUPWIZARD

Is there a way to fix this without a re-install? I am prepared to edit the registry if someone can give me full instructions!!

TIA, asilan

1. I have inadvertantly deleted the standard output forms for Parish Records (uk). How can I restore these OR can I be sent the text so that I can set them up again?

That's in your current project. Create a new project and copy the templates from that.

2. When I try to backup my files I get this error message: OLE error code 0x80040154: Class not registered. 0 MENUOBJTMG.MBACKUPWIZARD

This has been reported previously and the reason is not clear. One user with the issue resolved it by reinstalling. A fix was done to try to protect against the error and, as far as I can see, the fix was in v6.10. So... You need to update to the latest version (v6.12) and see if that resolves the issue.

Jim,

Both problems now fixed - thank you. I reinstalled (6.08) and that solved the backup problem. Have also now updated to 6.12 and all well.

I realised that the source type deletion was not quite as I stated. Because I had imported my project from version 4, my source types were US rather than UK. I had added the Parish Record (UK) source type manually and then managed to delete that (sigh). Anyway I have now followed your excellent advice (in Getting the Most out of TMG, p107-8) and merged an empty data set with (custom) UK source types with my original data set. I now have all 82 UK source types, plus the Mills types I started with and all my custom sources (bar one, but no longer necessary). Perfecto!