mairicam

Exporting VCF Box Charts

Hi,

I would like to use VCF Descendant Box Charts in a book (not necessarily with boxes around the data). However, the export to .jpg options are limited, i.e. the resolution is way too low for the chart to be able to be used in such a manner, so the fonts are pixelated in the exported image.

Is there any way to export a better quality chart? Or can someone recommend a way around it?

Thanks,

Marianne

Hi,

I would like to use VCF Descendant Box Charts in a book (not necessarily with boxes around the data). However, the export to .jpg options are limited, i.e. the resolution is way too low for the chart to be able to be used in such a manner, so the fonts are pixelated in the exported image.

Is there any way to export a better quality chart? Or can someone recommend a way around it?

Thanks,

Marianne

This does not happen to me. Exported jpg charts look as good as the VCF original. What program are you using to view your exported jpg charts?

Some viewing programs do strange things. If I embed any jpg file in an AOL e-mail message, I do loose resolution and the reciever observes pixelation. The same file sent as an attachment looks perfect to the receiver.

Best wishes,

Mike Talbot

This does not happen to me. Exported jpg charts look as good as the VCF original. What program are you using to view your exported jpg charts?

Some viewing programs do strange things. If I embed any jpg file in an AOL e-mail message, I do loose resolution and the reciever observes pixelation. The same file sent as an attachment looks perfect to the receiver.

Best wishes,

Mike Talbot

Hi Mike,

I was using it in Adobe InDesign. Found a way around it by printing the chart to High Quality PDF, then open the pdf in Photoshop where I can specify the resolution, and then save it as a jpg.

Marianne