jgstock1

DynaZip UnZip Error

Fellow TMG V 6 users. I add new data to TMG on my desktop. I back up TMG on a flash drive. I use the flash drive to restore the project onto my notebook computer. It works but I get this message

DynaZip UnZip Error: No files to test, extract, etc, ( Not items match filespec)

After I hit OK

Input file read failure - this eror occurs when a file read operation is performed ona ZIP file that is locked or restricted by another process.

The TMG on the notebook matches that on my desktop but I worry about the message.

Any ideas on cause? Locked external exhibit? How can I check which file is at fault?

thanks

Jon

Jon Stock

Edited by jgstock1

Jon, I recommend that you move the backup file from the flash drive to your computer, then do the Restore option.

If you get the same error again, please email me at dorothyt@whollygenes.com

Glad to be of service, Dorothy Turner, Tech Support

Fellow TMG V 6 users. I add new data to TMG on my desktop. I back up TMG on a flash drive. I use the flash drive to restore the project onto my notebook computer. It works but I get this message

DynaZip UnZip Error: No files to test, extract, etc, ( Not items match filespec)

After I hit OK

Input file read failure - this eror occurs when a file read operation is performed ona ZIP file that is locked or restricted by another process.

The TMG on the notebook matches that on my desktop but I worry about the message.

Any ideas on cause? Locked external exhibit? How can I check which file is at fault?

thanks

Jon

Jon Stock

As Dorothy suggested, copy or move your backup file from your external medium to your hard drive and Restore from there. Let us know if that does not solve the problem.

That also works if you run into a problem when making the Backup to an external medium. Backup to a file on your hard drive and copy that .sqz backup file to your external medium.

Virginia