LornaHenderson

details not displaying in person view for one tag

attached are screen shots of:

Person screen of the principal

Open tag for the principal

person screen of one of the witnesses

I cannot spot anything that makes the details of the tag hidden.

I've validated, optimised, closed down tmg, rebooted/reopened tmg

Nothing has, as yet, had any effect

Can anyone suggest why I'm getting this blank?

WillWriterNonDisplay6v12.doc

Edited by LornaHenderson

Is it somehow tied to the roles? I can't replicate it when I create the role names you have, but I noticed in your screen shots that the roles are incorrect for the principal and the witness on their respective person views. Elizabeth Unknownsurname Graham has WITNESS as her role, when in your previous screen shot, you clearly have her as the EXECUTOR.

Could it also possibly be a language flip by the program? One where you don't have WillWriterPLDM and Executor set up as roles? Just thinking through the possibilities here...

While I can't see it on the screenshot of the tag, I'd suspect a carriage return ("enter") on the first line of the memo text.

That was my 1st thought Terry, but the place names & role names aren't showing either.

There's no CR at the start of any of the place components or the memo, I've been to the start of each field and deleted & reinserted the first character of each to check

Is it somehow tied to the roles? I can't replicate it when I create the role names you have, but I noticed in your screen shots that the roles are incorrect for the principal and the witness on their respective person views. Elizabeth Unknownsurname Graham has WITNESS as her role, when in your previous screen shot, you clearly have her as the EXECUTOR.

Could it also possibly be a language flip by the program? One where you don't have WillWriterPLDM and Executor set up as roles? Just thinking through the possibilities here...

Languages are unlikely, I stick to one, got myself into too much trouble way back on that one <g>

I think it is going to have something to do with the roles, but I can't figure out what.

However, what you are saying isn't quite right.

When someone is a witness, the Type column shows up as Witness, with the role (if you've set the tag to show the role name) over under the Name/Place column at the start.

So for Elizabeth it should be showing Executor; at the start of the Name/Place column followed by the tag type and principal and place of Richard.

It was fine in an earlier backup, but I can't remember what all I've done since then in particular to this tag, other than put in more of the will as I've deciphered the writing.

Solved it:

Amazing how simple it is when you sleep on something and take a fresh look in the morning.

I've just noticed that hovering the mouse over the memo in person view only brought up the very end of the text, not the beginning.

Which reminded me that one of the things I did was put sensitivity markers around some of the text, way down near the bottom.

Sure enough, although I did have balanced markers around the text I wanted to exclude there was also a stray } instead of ] inside that text which threw it all out and made TMG decide to exclude everything given it had a closing } without an opening one. And given that the first character after the last } was a CR nothing of the memo would show up on screen.

All is now well again.

Thank you for your time and suggestions, that one was definitely user error or the nut behind the wheel.

Interesting that this also made the roles, prinicpal and place data also disappear from display though, not just memo text.

Help doesn't hint that everything will disappear, just the marked text

Sensitivity Brackets

There may be information in your data set that should not be printed for public consumption. This "sensitive information" is surrounded with brackets {like this}. Sensitivity brackets work within a field to isolate specific words or phrases so that they can be omitted from a report. Such information will not be displayed on the Person View but will be visible when you enter the Tag Entry screen.

Interesting that this also made the roles, prinicpal and place data also disappear from display though, not just memo text.

Thanks for letting us know the solution. I have replicated the result using your clues.

My guess is that the sensitivity marks are not interpreted until the text for that line is all assembled - role label, place, memo, etc. Then the whole thing is evaluated for display. Seems as you suggest the unbalanced brackets cause the whole thing to be seen as suppressed for some reason, with "the whole thing" meaning all the text assembled for display, not just the memo. Strange.