JohnR

Add Person TMG Freezes

Today TMG 6.12 (UK) took it into its head to freeze when I clicked on Add New Person.

Maintenance run. TMG reloaded. TMG removed and root directory deleted. TMG re-installed from fresh download. Windows and TMG started in safe mode and still froze on Add New Person (even though it was a different person by now!).

TMG running under XP sp2 on 2.80 GHz 1 meg RAM. AVG and Zone Alarm disabled whilst trying to resolve this problem.

Project runs OK on Windows laptop and sort of OK on Vista laptop (but that's another problem).

John

Today TMG 6.12 (UK) took it into its head to freeze when I clicked on Add New Person.

Maintenance run. TMG reloaded. TMG removed and root directory deleted. TMG re-installed from fresh download. Windows and TMG started in safe mode and still froze on Add New Person (even though it was a different person by now!).

TMG running under XP sp2 on 2.80 GHz 1 meg RAM. AVG and Zone Alarm disabled whilst trying to resolve this problem.

Project runs OK on Windows laptop and sort of OK on Vista laptop (but that's another problem).

John

Try going to Menu>Windows> and select "Center Current Window"...sometimes the Add Person Window opens behind other windows and it appears that TMG is frozen...if that's the case "Center Current Window" will bring it to the front and you can proceed with no problems...

Try going to Menu>Windows> and select "Center Current Window"...sometimes the Add Person Window opens behind other windows and it appears that TMG is frozen...if that's the case "Center Current Window" will bring it to the front and you can proceed with no problems...

Thanks, but its not that. The menu bar greys out when she freezes and its Alt, Ctl, Del to get going again.

John

Thanks, but its not that. The menu bar greys out when she freezes and its Alt, Ctl, Del to get going again.

John

Are you sure you can't make the selection from the Windows Menu item...normally when this occurs the Menu Bar appears greyed out but the Windows, Center Current Window Selection can still be made...

Did you try the menu as opposed to the toolbar button?

Just coming to post about that. I can add wife, brother sister, etc from the drop-down menu (least it calls the right boxes) but the chap with the + sign at the top of the drop down menu (add person) causes it to freeze, as does clicking on his twin brother on the menu bar below.

John

As Paul said, even though the menus are dimmed, 'Center the Current Window is usually still active and in many cases solves the problem of an apparent 'freeze'.

If that does not help, try resetting the template on the Add Person screen. Click the Setup button on the bottom left of that screen - and in the next window, click the 'Reset template' button and OK out.

Virginia

Thanks folks - today it's behaving. I tried Paul's suggestion yesterday and all I got was the active frame centering. I ran a virus checker overnight and defragged, re-booted this morning and it was as right as rain.

I suspect that my TMG is suffering from overwork ;) So I'll do some gardening today.