Benita

Can't use Live Chat

I want to use the Live Chat. Everytime I click on the link I get this message "Driver componet sizes mis-match. Retry to keep going. Cancel to exit." Clicking Retry just causes the same message and clicking Cancel kicks me out of the Internet Explorer window altogether. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I should do to overcome this problem? BTW, I'm not a computer tech savvy person. Help!

Benita, does that error message include a subject or title referring to a specific driver like nVidia?

Virginia

Virginia,

Yes, it does. I've attached a picture of the error message.

Benita

post-11275-1180849703_thumb.jpg

What operating system does your computer use - WinXP, Vista?

Virginia

Virginia,

I am using Windows XP. This error message is now showing up when I use my World Vital Records subscription. I've found the NVIDIA software site but the choices for downloading a driver just confuse me. :blink:

Benita

I can give you very general instructions for finding the driver, but if you have any question about the correct driver or the installation you may want to contact the support desk for your computer.

Do you know which NVIDIA graphics driver you have? To find that, on your computer go to Start > Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > Display adapters >.

If NVIDIA is listed there, make a note of the name.

Go to the NVIDIA site and click on Download Drivers.

In the START HERE box, click on Graphics Driver

(Step2) - select the name of your driver

(Step3) - select Windows XP/2000

Click on GO!

That will take you to the driver download page, First read the instructions for installing and if you have any questions at that point or aren't sure how to proceed, best to talk to a technical person or your computer's support.

Let us know if you get the chat-room problem solved -

Virginia

Well, there is part of the problem right there. Following your instructions to the Display Adapters, NVIDIA is not listed, only WinFast A340. Do you have a suggestion of which driver I should select in Step 2 below. The error message doesn't really give me a clue. Or should I just call the Geek Squad.

Benita

I can give you very general instructions for finding the driver, but if you have any question about the correct driver or the installation you may want to contact the support desk for your computer.

Do you know which NVIDIA graphics driver you have? To find that, on your computer go to Start > Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > Display adapters >.

If NVIDIA is listed there, make a note of the name.

Go to the NVIDIA site and click on Download Drivers.

In the START HERE box, click on Graphics Driver

(Step2) - select the name of your driver

(Step3) - select Windows XP/2000

Click on GO!

That will take you to the driver download page, First read the instructions for installing and if you have any questions at that point or aren't sure how to proceed, best to talk to a technical person or your computer's support.

Let us know if you get the chat-room problem solved -

Virginia

Well, there is part of the problem right there. Following your instructions to the Display Adapters, NVIDIA is not listed, only WinFast A340. Do you have a suggestion of which driver I should select in Step 2 below. The error message doesn't really give me a clue. Or should I just call the Geek Squad.

Benita

I Googled for WinFast A340 and found a reference to it as 'WinFast A340 T powered by nVidia's GeForce FX 5200 GPU" so there's the nVidia connection. You might look on Nvidia's FAQ for something on WinFast A340 or post the error message and WinFast A340 info on the Nvidia support forum.

Virginia

Virginia,

Problem solved at last. Following your lead, I downloaded and installed nVidia's GeForce FX 5200 driver for my Windows XP Professional machine. It seems only a basic driver had been installed on my machine. Thanks for your suggestions.

Benita

I Googled for WinFast A340 and found a reference to it as 'WinFast A340 T powered by nVidia's GeForce FX 5200 GPU" so there's the nVidia connection. You might look on Nvidia's FAQ for something on WinFast A340 or post the error message and WinFast A340 info on the Nvidia support forum.

Virginia