patthepiper

Report Writing – Help Requested

Up to the present I have spent most of my time researching, entering data and using fairly simple reports. I would appreciate some assistance with the following problem.

I am attempting to write a report listing all military personnel together with their military history

I have extracted a List of People using a Flag. From here I guess I have to enter this list into a Focus group and then write a Journal report.

Is there a way to get my list into a Focus group in one hit, or do I have to enter each ID individually? I hope so; it is a long list!

Have I missed something? Is there an easier way to do this?

Virginia has told you how to get all the people into a Focus Group.

The next question is what kind of report do you want, and what do you want it to include?

A Journal will give the ancestors and descendants of each person, and list the children of each person? Is that what you want? You could specify only one generation, which would show only the person and his children. If the persons in your focus group are related, they will appear in the earlier sections and only parts of lines not previously included will appear later.

You might find that Individual Narratives will better suit you needs.

As to content, if you have more information in your data set than you want to include, the "Selected" option for Tags will allow you to include only specific types of tags. That would allow you to focus on the military records, perhaps also including basic birth, marriage, and death data as well.

Virginia - many thanks!

Terry - also many thanks. The Individual Narrative does the trick.

I now have just what I want - a list of military personell together with their service histories.