Jill

Morelli, Jill

For my web site I use a modified Carla's Graphics, narrative approach while using a special Second Site language in TMG 15.X

This provide the basic BMDB information plus immigration. I have also used SS to produce the Christmas CD for the family. This was done in a standard background, was done in narrative style with lots of pictures etc. Almost every tag was used.

http://home.columbus.rr.com/bjmgenealogy

If anyone has questions, don't hesitate to ask. If I can do it so can you!!

Jill

For my web site I use a modified Carla's Graphics, narrative approach while using a special Second Site language in TMG 15.X

This provide the basic BMDB information plus immigration.  I have also used SS to produce the Christmas CD for the family.  This was done in a standard background, was done in narrative style with lots of pictures etc.  Almost every tag was used.

http://home.columbus.rr.com/bjmgenealogy

If anyone has questions, don't hesitate to ask.  If I can do it so can you!!

Jill

Jill,

Very nice.

While your overivew identified that the information has been extensively sourced, by looking at what is presented the viewer has no idea if a particular item of information has been or not and if it was sourced, was it a primary source a secondary source or what.

But, then again this may be your intent as they have to come to you to obtain/verify what to them is missing.

Jill,

Very nice.

While your overivew identified that the information has been extensively sourced, by looking at what is presented the viewer has no idea if a particular item of information has been or not and if it was sourced, was it a primary source a  secondary source or what.

But, then again this may be your intent as they have to come to you to obtain/verify what to them is missing.

Donald,

Thanks for the compliment. I am just a beginner at this.

It was my intent to not include the citations for the sources on the website. If anyone wants them they can ask.

Have a great day!

Jill

It was my intent to not include the citations for the sources on the website.  If anyone wants them they can ask. 

Jill

Jill, I completely agree with your plan to not include sources and details other than BMDB on the website, and expect those who view the site to come to you to get them. I do exactly the same, based on my view that the website is not a tool for sharing information directly, but rather one to establish private communications which can lead to two-way dialogs.

My one suggestion would be to add something about sources to your introduction, like the statement you already have about other details being excluded. I've done a similar thing on my site (which is not nearly so pretty as yours :unsure: ), and also added a note to that effect at the top and bottom of each person page. I don't recall how I did the latter - think it was with a custom theme.