Can anyone tell me how to enter a stillborn child in TMG?

Thanks,

A.

If the child's birth and death were registered, I would enter the child in the normal way. If that was not the case and if the child wasn't named, you could enter the child as (e.g.) Baby Male Smith with the date of birth & death if known with a notation in the memo of both birth & death that the child was stillborn. This is the way I would handle it.

B)

Joan

If I know the child was stillborn, then I use the name Stillborn Smith and the birth and death dates as the same. Technically a stillborn child would be dead before it was birthed, but few mothers know the date the child actually died and it's far less morbid to say it was born and then died.

If the child's birth and death were registered, I would enter the child in the normal way. If that was not the case and if the child wasn't named, you could enter the child as (e.g.) Baby Male Smith with the date of birth & death if known with a notation in the memo of both birth & death that the child was stillborn. This is the way I would handle it.

B)

Joan

Thanks for the response, that's generally how I have decided to handle it.

Adrian.

If I know the child was stillborn, then I use the name Stillborn Smith and the birth and death dates as the same. Technically a stillborn child would be dead before it was birthed, but few mothers know the date the child actually died and it's far less morbid to say it was born and then died.

Thanks for the response, that's generally how I have decided to handle it.

Adrian.

Can anyone tell me how to enter a stillborn child in TMG?

Thanks,

A.

In the Birth Group isn't there a stillborn tag?

Yes there is.

The sentence is [P] was stillborn <[D]> <[L]>