mike-donna

Internal Exhibit Report

At first I input some pictures of the sources as external exhibits but would like to go back and change them to internal exhibits. How can I generate a report to see which ones I have to change?

I don't know how to create a report for this in TMG. In TMG Utility, you can get the information using the Verify Exhibit Paths feature to list the external exhibits. It will list all your external exhibits.

I don't recommend what you are planning to do. Putting exhibits in the database increases the size of your backup file and increases the time it takes to backup your project. Meanwhile, you're backing up the images all the time when they haven't changed; your project data may change often, but the images don't. Those are bad outcomes; anything that puts even a small barrier between you and frequent backups is bad. anything that increases the size of your backups is bad.

Plus, you'll have two copies of the image after you put it in your TMG project, one in the project and one on disk. I suppose you could delete the on-disk version, but that's not a good idea. It's easier to manage images outside of TMG.

I'd recommend going the other way: convert your internal image exhibits to external.