Luc227

Reports not showing up on puter screen

I have not been able to get a list of people or for that matter any report except the charts to show up on the screen.

It runs thru setting up the columns and then it just disappears any help would be appreciated

You have chosen 'Print to: Screen' and have clicked on Print & Save and nothing appears on the screen? Was it working all right and this just started to happen?

Virginia

Yep Thats exactly what happened

Sue

Try 'Center the Current Window' on the Window menu in case the preview is displaying behind the layout.

Virginia

Nope no luck with that any other suggestions?

Sue

Maybe something in the list below will help:

Is this a laptop by chance with no printer attached? You do need at least a printer driver for screen formatting.

Is there a printer selected in File > Printer setup? If its 'Windows default', try selecting a specific printer. You might also check that a PDF printer is installed (click on that button in Printer setup).

Is the folder location current and valid for your report definitions in: Preferences > Current Project Options > Advanced > Reports:

For one of the non-visible reports, try resetting the report configuration using the Delete button under the Configuration name.

I'm sure you're doing this correctly - but it happens so frequently I have to ask again; it is 'Print&Save' not just 'Save' you are pressing?

Was there any change in your computer setup that might have coincided with this problem?

Are the generated reports appearing in your task bar (white with big RR logo)?

Do the reports go to a word processor without a problem?

Virginia

I had been having the same issue and specifying the printer fixed it.

Thanks,

Kathryn

Edited by gratop

Nope no luck with that any other suggestions?

Sue

I thought I was having the same problem but found that the reports never appeared "on top", they always hide behind the top page and I need to click on the "Report" icon in the taskbar. It doesn't happen every time, but fairly often. Perhaps it has something to do with the number of open programmes and open windows within those programmes?