tomcoughlan

Removing Shadow Boxes from a VCF Ancestor Chart

Hi all. Not certain if this should be under this forum or the VCF one but here goes...

I produced an Ancestor Box chart from TMG. Got it into VCF and tidied it up a bit. Then I decided I didn't like the shadows under my boxes. But I can't get rid of them. No matter what I try amending in Detail Properties, or Default Properties, when I try Ungrouping the boxes, the option is 'greyed out'. Am I missing something, or is it just not possible to remove the shadows if I told TMG to create them in the first place?

Tom

I don't know of a way to remove the shadows after the report has been generated. There was a suggestion in the archives to add a filled box behind the shadowed box but I haven't been able to figure out how to do that.

Virginia

There is no way to select/modify the shadow component of a box in a VCF chart once it is generated. This is one of the long time items that is somewhere on the VCF wish list.

Even if you could remove the visual shadow, VCF uses a different graphical component for a shadowed and unshadowed box. Hence it has different positions for the connecting lines to these boxes. So it is not as a easty as you might think - removing a shadow might be possible. Adding a shadowed box needs a larger box width and box height thus effecting the layout of the whole chart. the box. Even a method to select and change the colour of the shadow would be useful - especially where the shadow colour is part of an accent scheme that want to adjust.