skolnick

Adding images in TMG6 in WinVista

I recently migrated my TMG project from an XP system to a Windows Vista system. Images I had added to PERSONS did not survive (possibly because the location of the JPG files changed).

I'm trying to add those images back in... and having some trouble doing it. The TMG HELP files don't work at all under WinVista, so I'm working completely on memory... which is not a surefire method.

Any help anyone can offer? The JPG image files don't seem to drag in WinVista from Windows Explorer to the IMAGE box. Nor do they copy.

Thanks for your assistance.

skolnick

I recently migrated my TMG project from an XP system to a Windows Vista system. Images I had added to PERSONS did not survive (possibly because the location of the JPG files changed).

I'm trying to add those images back in... and having some trouble doing it. The TMG HELP files don't work at all under WinVista, so I'm working completely on memory... which is not a surefire method.

Any help anyone can offer? The JPG image files don't seem to drag in WinVista from Windows Explorer to the IMAGE box. Nor do they copy.

Thanks for your assistance.

skolnick

Hi,

I recently purchased a new computer which came with Vista. I did follow the instructions mentioned by Jim. I also had to turn off the Aero feature. It seems to work TMG seems to work fine. I did download the file from Microsoft for the help files and help now works fine - no problems.

For Exhibit Log, I was able to right click on the area under the Sort, Focus, etc area. When right clicking I choose Insert New Image, then Select Existing File (my image was already saved), then selected the file. It seemed to transfer them fine. :D Hope this will work for you.

My only problem is figuring out how to get the image to show up in my Descendancy Narrative in Word. I have MS Word 2007.

Shirley

This thread may be of interest? http://www.whollygenes.com/forums201/index...&hl=exhibit

I just made the switch too. The drag and drop adding new exhibits isn't working for me either (if I've read you correctly that that isn't working). [edit] oops, just tried Shirley's suggestion and it worked fine!! :-)

The pdf file (link in a previous response by someone) on getting TMG to work in Vista includes instructions on getting old windows help files to work too.

Edited by jmcbeth