GenerationGoneBy

Power Of Attorney

Here is my Power of Attorney Tag.

The roles are

POA Principal-- [:CR:][:TAB:][R:POA Principal] gave [R:Attorney-in-fact] a Power of Attorney to take care of his affairs <[D]> <[L]>. The Power of Attorney is a legal document created to help in the event of a person's illness or disability, or in legal transactions where the person cannot be present to sign any necessary legal documents. <[M]>.

Attorney-in-fact--[:CR:][:TAB:][R:POA Principal] gave [R:Attorney-in-fact] a Power of Attorney to take care of his affairs <[D]> <[L]>. The Power of Attorney is a legal document created to help in the event of a person's illness or disability, or in legal transactions where the person cannot be present to sign any necessary legal documents. <[M]>

Deceased: [:CR:][:TAB:]When [R:POA Principal] gave [R:Attorney-in-fact] a Power of Attorney to take care of his affairs, <[D]> <[L]> [R:Deceased] was mentioned as having already been deceased. The Power of Attorney is a legal document created to help in the event of a person's illness or disability, or in legal transactions where the person cannot be present to sign any necessary legal documents. <[WM]>

I always make POA Principal P1, Attorney-in-fact P2, and any other witnesses as witnesses to the tag.

Thanks for the new forum Bob.

Here is my Power of Attorney Tag.

The roles are

POA Principal-- [:CR:][:TAB:][R:POA Principal] gave [R:Attorney-in-fact] a Power of Attorney to take care of his affairs <[D]> <[L]>. The Power of Attorney is a legal document created to help in the event of a person's illness or disability, or in legal transactions where the person cannot be present to sign any necessary legal documents. <[M]>.

Attorney-in-fact--[:CR:][:TAB:][R:POA Principal] gave [R:Attorney-in-fact] a Power of Attorney to take care of his affairs <[D]> <[L]>. The Power of Attorney is a legal document created to help in the event of a person's illness or disability, or in legal transactions where the person cannot be present to sign any necessary legal documents. <[M]>

Deceased: [:CR:][:TAB:]When [R:POA Principal] gave [R:Attorney-in-fact] a Power of Attorney to take care of his affairs, <[D]> <[L]> [R:Deceased] was mentioned as having already been deceased. The Power of Attorney is a legal document created to help in the event of a person's illness or disability, or in legal transactions where the person cannot be present to sign any necessary legal documents. <[WM]>

I always make POA Principal P1, Attorney-in-fact P2, and any other witnesses as witnesses to the tag.

Thanks for the new forum Bob.

This is exactly why your idea is such a good one! I never even thought of using a tag for this! I do have a perfect situation for it and, strangely enough ties right into my Land Grant tag as my 3g-gf was given a POA by his brother to get the patent for his Loyalist land grant after he'd proved land as required.....

Thanks very much

8-)

Joan

Teresa,

What goes in the Memo ? Or is it not used on a "normal" basis but just there for any additional comments etc ?

I always add it in case I want to add something about that specific tag. For my dad's, I would probably mention he created it because he had lung cancer and a disabled child and wanted me to be able to attend to his affairs if he couldn't. For my husband's third cousin once removed, I would mention that he wanted his brothers to be able to sell his portion of the old home place, since he had moved away from home and they still lived in town.

It just adds a little spice and flavor to what could become fairly stilted text otherwise.

Do you always start with CR & TAB?

B)

Joan

I always add it in case I want to add something about that specific tag. For my dad's, I would probably mention he created it because he had lung cancer and a disabled child and wanted me to be able to attend to his affairs if he couldn't. For my husband's third cousin once removed, I would mention that he wanted his brothers to be able to sell his portion of the old home place, since he had moved away from home and they still lived in town.

It just adds a little spice and flavor to what could become fairly stilted text otherwise.

Yes, I don't actually treat each tag as an event with a sentence but rather an event with a paragraph. When I was in school we were told if we started a new idea, it needed a new paragraph. So if I move from John Smith buying 140 acres of land to him giving his brothers a Power of Attorney, I want that information in a new paragraph.

Unlike most users, I believe that we can get an extremely well written narrative straight out of TMG is we put in a well written one as we data entry. Most of my tag sentences will describe what that event was, how it affected my ancestor at the place he lived and then will have information pertinent to that one person, or the few persons attached to that tag.

The carriage return and tab create a new paragraph.

Yes, I don't actually treat each tag as an event with a sentence but rather an event with a paragraph. When I was in school we were told if we started a new idea, it needed a new paragraph. So if I move from John Smith buying 140 acres of land to him giving his brothers a Power of Attorney, I want that information in a new paragraph.

Unlike most users, I believe that we can get an extremely well written narrative straight out of TMG is we put in a well written one as we data entry. Most of my tag sentences will describe what that event was, how it affected my ancestor at the place he lived and then will have information pertinent to that one person, or the few persons attached to that tag.

The carriage return and tab create a new paragraph.

I suspected that was your reason - I was taught the same thing in school<g>. I too see no reason why we can't get a well written narrative straight from the program given the wonderful tools within it. With that in mind, be sure to read the posting by 'Bill' re the Children Sentence in TMG6 forum - I'm thinking we need to have that message in this forum.....

B)

Joan