Gotty

Person View - Type column stuck on "Filtered"

In Person View, the Event "Type" column title is stuck on "Filtered" regardless of which project I open (even if I create a new project from scratch).

But I'm not filtering the events!

I can filter the Event Tags and it works, but if I then select Edit | Clear Tag Filter, the column title still shows "Filtered".

I can only assume that something in the global "Program Options" is causing this. But I can see nothing that should do this, nor does there seem to be any help in the Help.

In Person View, the Event "Type" column title is stuck on "Filtered" regardless of which project I open (even if I create a new project from scratch).

But I'm not filtering the events!

I can filter the Event Tags and it works, but if I then select Edit | Clear Tag Filter, the column title still shows "Filtered".

I can only assume that something in the global "Program Options" is causing this. But I can see nothing that should do this, nor does there seem to be any help in the Help.

May be you're working in Beginners Mode.

So first thing to check: File > Preferences > Program Options > Data Entry.

On the right side in the section: Data Entry Mode you see two options.... Beginner (the default) AND Advanced

As long as "Beginner" is selected the title of Type column will always say in red "Filtered".

In case you're already working in Advanced Data Entry Mode please position the mouse cursor on any event in the Type column, right-click and make sure that no filter option in middle of the shown sub-window is checked. In case any of them is checked please uncheck it.

I've been an Advanced User for a very long time <grin>

But thanks for the right-click tip ... for some reason "Filter for non-witnessed events" was selected.

In fact, Preferences | Program Options | Tag Box showed "Show Witnessed Events" as unticked.

There's clearly some inconsistency in wording/logic that can be confusing here.

Thanks again