Bob Berg

Residence at an event

Res-Event Tag

Roles of

Resident and Wife

At the time of [M1]< in [Y]>, [RF:Resident]<|and [RF:wife]> resided<at [DETAIL]>< in [L]>. <[M2].>

M1 is the event

e.g. M1 = his death

RF:Resident = John Doe

Y = 1925

Gives you: At the time of his death in 1925, John Doe resided at 111 Main Street in Some County, Ohio.

If you want to include the wife just assign role of "Wife"

Can be used for about any event in the person's life. I have used it for draft registration, death, census, father's death, etc.

I don't remember if this was from an idea that someone posted on TMG-L or not, if so thanks to that person.

Bob,

I don't think so, because this is the first I have seen it. Cool idea.

You could have another role for husband and make the female sentence read.

At the time of [M1]< in [Y]>, [RF:Resident]<|and [RF:husband]> resided<at [DETAIL]>< in [L]>. <[M2].>

Bob,

I don't think so, because this is the first I have seen it. Cool idea.

You could have another role for husband and make the female sentence read.

At the time of [M1]< in [Y]>, [RF:Resident]<|and [RF:husband]> resided<at [DETAIL]>< in [L]>. <[M2].>

:P

I have been struggling with data that says: "married John Doe of Portland", trying to decide where to put the Portland (not direct line and I don't really care, but someone who follows me might).

This looks like THE answer. Thanks everyone.

Marty in AZ

Res-Event Tag

Roles of

Resident and Wife

At the time of [M1]< in [Y]>, [RF:Resident]<|and [RF:wife]> resided<at [DETAIL]>< in [L]>. <[M2].>

Why use roles of Resident and Wife [or Husband as suggested by Teresa] instead of P and PO?

Principal:

At the time of [M1]< in [Y]>, [PF] <was|and [POF] were> residing <at [DETAIL]>< in [L3], [L4], [L5]> <. [M2][:NP:]>

Witness:

[W] was residing with [P] <and [PO]> <in [Y]> <at the time of [M1]> <at [DETAIL]><in [L3], [L4], [L5]> <. [WM]>

The Witness role [W] can be included in the M2 memo segment to include a list of others residing at the same place. And each Witness has their own sentence using the details from the event tag.

Bill,

I came from UFT which only used ROLES, so they are most natural to me. Plus you can see the rolename on the PV screen, which I really like as well. I rarely use PRINCIPAL and WITNESS though they are roles as well. I prefer to name the role and use that.

Rather than begin the sentence with "At the time of [M1]" it might make more sense to just begin with [M1] so you can use more varied language. That allows you to have:

"At the time of his death..."

"When he died..."

"At the time he died..."

"On the day he died..."

"When he was killed..."

And so on. It makes for much better reading if you aren't using the same language all the time.

Res-Event Tag has Roles of Resident and Wife:

At the time of [M1], [RF:Resident] resided.

Bob, I understand your "role" background from UFT, but for others that are used to TMG and its ability to use different Principal sentences based on the SEX flag, you could get what you want with just Principals. I make a point of always putting the male/husband in P1 and the female/wife in P2 so this works for me. Also, since this tag should have at least a location I would leave the [L] unconditional as a reminder. I would use M1 for the note for P1 and M2 for the note for P2, then M3 for the common ending comment, and also split the witness memo. I think these sentences will work even if I have only one Principal as long as I stick to my rule of P1 and P2. (I also included the more general use of [M1] proposed by teschek):

Male: [M1], [P1F] resided in [L].

Female: [M2], [P2F] resided in [L].

resident: [WM1], [W] resided with in [L].

I chose to have multiple types of "Address" tags in the Address group, and mark the current or main (for that person) address primary, but then I do not generate Address labels.

Hope this gives you ideas,