tomcoughlan

People List and Sources

Hi, back again to pick people's brains.

I would like to create a report as follows:

Person's name, Person's ID no, Person's Birth Year, Source(s) for that birth year. Person's Death year, Source(s) for tha t year.

I can produce the name, ID and birth and death years, using the People List, but is there any way I can pull in the additional data?

I've looked at the List of Citations, and can vaguely see how I might use exports to a Spreadsheet and a very tedious manual effort to achieve what I want, but just wondered if there was any easier way?

Thanks for reading.

Tom

Tom, as you found, you can't add source notes to the List of People Report. But you can actually get fairly close to what you want with the Individual Detail report by selecting only the birth and death tags. But it will show places as well as dates.

You can get closer with the Individual Narrative by creating a custom language and making special sentences for the birth and death tags that will print only the dates. That's pretty easy to do.

In both cases you would control who is included with a filter, focus group, or by selecting them in the project explorer.

In both cases the sources would be those for the death tag - not necessarily for the date, but perhaps for the place or memo.

Tom, as you found, you can't add source notes to the List of People Report. But you can actually get fairly close to what you want with the Individual Detail report by selecting only the birth and death tags. But it will show places as well as dates.

You can get closer with the Individual Narrative by creating a custom language and making special sentences for the birth and death tags that will print only the dates. That's pretty easy to do.

In both cases you would control who is included with a filter, focus group, or by selecting them in the project explorer.

In both cases the sources would be those for the death tag - not necessarily for the date, but perhaps for the place or memo.

Thanks Terry, I'll play around and see what happens.

Tom