James K

Font size issue in Master Source List 'Cited' column

The numbers displayed in Master Source List 'Cited' column are too large and the lower third of each character is truncated.

How do I reduce the size of the font just in this column without affecting the 'Title' column, where the characters display properly?

The numbers displayed in Master Source List 'Cited' column are too large and the lower third of each character is truncated.

How do I reduce the size of the font just in this column without affecting the 'Title' column, where the characters display properly?

I am currently working with another TMG user having exactly the same issue like you describe it and we're trying to trigger it down. I will report this unexpected effect.

Please contact me directly Click here! and I will let you know which data and further information I need.

You're "running" the Master Source List in More mode, right?

At the lower right corner of the Master Source List window click on the Less

Is only your own project affected or do you see the same in TMG's sample project as well? The other user has the same effect in each project. Are you able to confirm this?

More directly... please.

Have you set your Windows display DPI setting to something other than "Normal Size" (96 dpi)?

Kevin

Have you set your Windows display DPI setting to something other than "Normal Size" (96 dpi)?

Kevin

Good aspect, Kevin.

But from my experience so far you can set Windows DPI settings or Font size to anything you like... but this had absolutely no effect here - say didn't cure the unwanted effect.

More: even if you use an older version of TMG and either update to TMGv6.12 or do a complete fresh install of TMGv6.12 it's regarding this special effect to no avail.

See screenshot for how the MSL looks like MSL_MORE_cited.jpg

Edited by Vera Nagel

Edited:

Oops - missed the More part in Vera's message. I was able to duplicate it in Less mode with multiple tries. In the More mode, I see the same problem - just did not have the MSL window large enough to see how much out of proportion the Cite column numbers are. And minimizing the MSL very small in the More mode does _not_ correct the proportion.

---------------

I was able to duplicate this one time in multiple tries. It seemed to be related to using the maximize/minimize controls in the upper right corner of the MSL window - maybe along with enlarging/contracting the window size by dragging the corner. In one series of tests, I observed that when I maximized an already large MSL window, the source text momentarily doubled in size - just a flash, easily missed. I'm guessing the Cite column may retain that exaggerated size.

When it did happen, I was able to regain the correct cite number proportion by dragging the MSL window to a very very small tiny tiny size (about 2" square - unreadable text) and gradually dragging it larger. You might have your user try that.

Virginia

Vera is correct in her assumption about this issue. It does disappear when 'less' is selected. I have replied to her privately as she requested. She will probably ask me to send her some specific information about my setup, which I will do.

I'm sure one or both of us will keep the forum informed about the outcome.

Vera is correct in her assumption about this issue. It does disappear when 'less' is selected. I have replied to her privately as she requested. She will probably ask me to send her some specific information about my setup, which I will do.

I'm sure one or both of us will keep the forum informed about the outcome.

Hi James,

thanks for the answers to my questions and the screenshot you sent. All of your answers fit perfectly to what I was able to figure so far.

It's definitely a pure "Minimize/Maximize" issue of the Master Source List window. Which should be fixed in a future release of TMG.

The current "work-around" is:

1) run the Master Source List in LESS mode OR

2) not to maximize the Master Source List window by using the "Maximize Window button" in the upper right corner of the window.

Instead use it "Minimized" and place the mouse cursor on the sizing grip on the lower right corner of this window and make the window wider in diagonal direction to suit your need.

But be careful as soon as the window is quite close to the maximized status you will here also run into the "big cited column characters" issue.

Many thanks again for your help, James and another Thanks to Virginia for her support. :)