crowzee2

How to have Vista always allow TMG to run

I was wondering how to get Vista to permanently allow TMG to run. This is the only program that I am having a problem with it asking every single time I open it, which between my files and my clients can be several times a day. It would be really nice if I did not have to click on Allow each time. Other than that I am not having any problems running it under Vista. Any suggestions?

I was wondering how to get Vista to permanently allow TMG to run. This is the only program that I am having a problem with it asking every single time I open it, which between my files and my clients can be several times a day. It would be really nice if I did not have to click on Allow each time. Other than that I am not having any problems running it under Vista. Any suggestions?

Good advice to see Vista PDF Virginia recommends, but basically:

Right-click on the Desktop TMG shortcut (or whichever icon you are using to launch TMG) and select Properties.

Click Compatibility tab.

Tick checkbox in Privilege Level section 'Run this program as an administrator'

Click OK

Should now run without grumbling at you. :)

Neil

Any program run under WinVista as Administrator will generate the 'Allow' prompt when you start it. So the answer is that this can't be eliminated (and is covered in my WinVista document).

Any program run under WinVista as Administrator will generate the 'Allow' prompt when you start it. So the answer is that this can't be eliminated (and is covered in my WinVista document).

Thanks Jim!!! I missed that in the document. I guess I will just have to live with it until v. 7 comes out then. Hopefully we won't have to do that with version 7!

To tell the truth though I am thinking of moving to a Macbook for my next computer probably running Windows XP in Parallels. I haven't made my final decision yet though. My husband will be getting a Macbook in a couple of months and after I see that I will make my decision.

Thanks Jim!!! I missed that in the document. I guess I will just have to live with it until v. 7 comes out then. Hopefully we won't have to do that with version 7!

TMG v7 should run under WinVista as a native application and should not need to be run as Administrator.