Version 7

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 GenerationGoneBy

GenerationGoneBy
  • Senior Members
  • 887 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 05:30 PM

Bob does listen to his users comments on wishes. SInce I started using TMG (was it really 5 years ago?) I have seen several that I have requested show up in TMG. Of course, there are many more I still hope to see.
I have no idea how he decides what goes into the next upgrade. It could be a throw of the dice. I would imagine it has to do more with ease of programming, and how many users will benefit.
If you have something you would like to see, why not start a new thread with WISHLIST in the subject line. You've got a blank survey sheet right here, and you can say what's on it.
I am looking forward to V7, but I know that V8 will be great when it comes out someday too.

#62 Roy_Delos_Reyes

Roy_Delos_Reyes

Roy

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:Royal/Noble Genealogy, NASCAR, and Politics- pretty much in that order.

Posted 02 December 2007 - 07:49 PM

Bob does listen to his users comments on wishes. SInce I started using TMG (was it really 5 years ago?) I have seen several that I have requested show up in TMG. Of course, there are many more I still hope to see.
I have no idea how he decides what goes into the next upgrade. It could be a throw of the dice. I would imagine it has to do more with ease of programming, and how many users will benefit.
If you have something you would like to see, why not start a new thread with WISHLIST in the subject line. You've got a blank survey sheet right here, and you can say what's on it.
I am looking forward to V7, but I know that V8 will be great when it comes out someday too.

Bob said something interesting in last night's chat re the wishlist...

Seems that the betatesters are his first filter for wishlist items (or words to that effect). Check the transcript for his exact words as I may have misunderstood him.

#63 Virginia Blakelock

Virginia Blakelock
  • Moderators
  • 3,178 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 09:06 AM

Bill wrote: Being able to suggest future changes is really a healthy thing for TMG software.
With Version 7 coming out in the near future it is probably too late to make changes now, so I hope the same topic or theme will be set up for version 8.

Enhancements to TMG are not limited to major version upgrades. Bob very often includes new features in the interim free bug fixes and upgrades. As Roy mentioned, the subject of wishlists came up during the 11pm chat last Saturday (Dec 1). You can read the transcript in the Chat Archives in the Other forum. The wishlist discussion starts at about line 20:06:40.

It will help if you can get a discussion going on the tmg mailing list, being specific in what you want to do - but can't now - in, for example, the TMG Book Manager. Several people on the list have compiled books and can suggest workarounds or reinforce your suggestions for improvements.

You can subscribe to the TMG mailing list at:

http://lists.rootswe...ftware/TMG.html

Virginia
Win7 Professional x64

#64 retsof

retsof
  • Senior Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 10:42 AM

What about some check/tick marks on the details window as are in the merge screen. Especially when merging the duplicate records that creep in to the SAME database, it is exhausting deleting items a line at a time. I suppose that I could merge them with a new fake record to get the check/tick marks, eh?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users