Buzz

Flag Window Failure Again!

Dear Forum,

A few days ago I reported a problem with the flag window not registering correctly. The window distorted the whole layout and the text in the flag window was garbled.

Virginia (member No. 23) suggested a change in the window layout to Standard layout and this fixed the problem for both standard and custom layouts at the time. I reported to the forum that the problem was solved. Actually I was premature in thinking we had the answer. The next time I opened TMG and tried the flag window the problem persisted.

This maybe a software glitch and requires a correction in some future version up-grade. If anyone else has a suggestion or solution to this issue I’ d be happy to try another work-around.

Thanks,

Buzz.

Sorry to hear the problem is back again. Could you post a screenshot showing the garbled window so we can get a better idea of what's happening?

To clarify, this is the Flag Window - not the Flag Manager window?

Assuming it is the Flag Window, try making a new layout which includes the Flag window, save the layout with a new name and close TMG. Reopen TMG and see if the problem is in that new layout. You may have to go to the Sample project to make the new layout so the Flag window is not garbled to start with.

That might help narrow down the source of the problem.

Virginia

Dear Virginia and Forum list,

After playing around a bit more with my layouts I’m convinced the problem involves my custom layouts, not sure why? I have now deleted my custom layouts; by using the Common or Standard layouts the problem has been resolved.

I will re-create a custom layout in the future and see if this works. If not I’m reasonably happy with the status quo.

Using TMG is a learning experience for me. The tip from Virginia to change the layout set me on the right track.

Thanks for your assistance.

Buzz.