positivek9

Pedigree - Unable to output

:blink:

Hi all!

Sure hope someone can figure out this problem.

I am trying to output a Pedigree (5 gens per page) including 20 generations into a PDF file.

The first time, I received a spool error, no report. Second time, TMG was stuck at 3% at the calculating text for 561 charts.. stopped and produced a 1 page report with only the font name and partial names showing. Third time, TMG stopped responding at 0% at the calculating text, I had to shut down the program.

I've tried printing to screen (properties using Generic, Acrobat PDF Writer, etc).

Tried printing to file as Acrobat PDF...

If I press "Save" nothing happens, report windows goes away.

If I press "Print & Save", TMG gets stuck.

I even tried "Install PDF printer" and let TMG install it. Doesn't seem to help.

Is there a page limit with Acrobat Reader?? At 15 gens there are 197 charts...TMG error says "General print spooler error".

I can output a 5, 10, 11 and a 13 gen pedigree using print & save.

Pulling my hair out here!!

Julie

Ladysmith, VA

Hi:

I am using TMG Ver 6.12 on Vista with Adobe 8.1 and this is where the "General Print Spooler Error" shows up for me. I can print 1 page documents, but anything over 2 pages TMG freezes.

I run TMG and Adobe 8.1 on my XP machine without print spooler difficulty.

Been chasing all over the place looking for an answer(s) but none seem to do the trick for me.

Maybe version 7 will solve this.

Dave

How about more computer memory? How much have you got on what operating system? XP needs a minimum of 1 gigabyte and runs noticeably better with 2 gigabytes. More can't hurt. This computer has 3 gigabytes, the most addressible by Windows XP. Vista needs a minimum of 2 gigabytes, and more can't hurt that either. "Print spooling" means that TMG could be trying to construct a large temporary file to send to the printer. Another quick but slightly slower solution would be to make your Windows swap file (virtual memory) larger. Doing both can't hurt either. If you have a second hard drive with enough space, put the swap file on the other one from the Windows system.

Edited by retsof