melliott

Exhibits and Images

My photos show in the Exhibit log but not in the Image section. How come? :wub:

Thanks,

Maureen

I assume that you mean Image window, is that true? Only one image that you have designated as 'Primary' in the exhibit log will be visible in the Image window.

To check, open the Exhibit log. Select and then right click on the image that you wish to appear in the Image window. Click on Properties, then click on the little box labeled 'Primary' in the lower left of the menu that appears. A check mark should appear in the 'Primary' box. Click OK. Then CLOSE the Exhibit log.

Your 'Primary' image should now appear in the Image window (and in appropriate VCF charts).

Let us know if it that does't fix the problem,

Mike Talbot

My photos show in the Exhibit log but not in the Image section. How come? :wub:

Thanks,

Maureen

Hi Maureen

If Mike's suggestion about the "Primary" designation is not the answer, is there any chance that you have placed the photos as exhibits to events, rather than to the actual person themselves?

Mike Daugherty

Frederick, Maryland

Thanks, everyone!

My problem was that I was adding the image to an event, rather than to the person. Those were .jpg images. They now show in the image window.

Now, my .pdfs won't show in the image windows, even if I check the "primary" box. (I have added those to the person, rather than an event.)

Won't .pdf's work?

Maureen :rolleyes:

Thanks, everyone!

My problem was that I was adding the image to an event, rather than to the person. Those were .jpg images. They now show in the image window.

Now, my .pdfs won't show in the image windows, even if I check the "primary" box. (I have added those to the person, rather than an event.)

Won't .pdf's work?

Maureen :rolleyes:

Hi Maureen

I thought that perhaps images added to events rather than to people was the problem with the images. But I believe you are quite correct about pdf images, in that they will not display in the image window, even though you can designate them as primary. I don't believe that TMG's rudimentary image viewer is capable of dealing with them. You can insert them as images, and you can view them in TMG by double-clicking on their image icons, because then they are opened up in the Adobe reader that you have installed on your PC.

I, personally, have found pdf images to be something less than ideal as a format for my use in TMG. I typically use a non-lossy format like TIFF or PNG for photos and other things that I might care to edit or enhance, and a good quality JPG for things like census documents and draft registrations that I need to be able to read well, but will never edit.

Mike Daugherty

Frederick, Maryland