okrick

GEDCOM Export Error

I'm getting a "1234Subscript is outside defined range. 3258 GO_ASOUR" error when attempting to export to a GEDCOM file.

I've validated and optimized the file. I get the same error when using the default GEDCOM export but not the bare bones one.

I suspect that the corruption issue has crept back into my database.

Thanks,

Over the last week or so, I've been experiencing a similar error. TMG locks up after I rec'v this error. I've run maintanence and optimize, even removed the links for externa exhibits.

Sure hope someone will respond to the original inquiry about this error. --GJ

I'm getting a "1234Subscript is outside defined range. 3258 GO_ASOUR" error when attempting to export to a GEDCOM file.

I've validated and optimized the file. I get the same error when using the default GEDCOM export but not the bare bones one.

I suspect that the corruption issue has crept back into my database.

Thanks,

Okay...

1) I'm able to export without error to GEDCOM from the sample project, using the default GEDCOM format.

2) The error occurs AFTER individuals and families have been exported, just as the export process starts to export sources.

3) I'll go back now and try to export without source (sigh).

Over the last week or so, I've been experiencing a similar error. TMG locks up after I rec'v this error. I've run maintanence and optimize, even removed the links for externa exhibits.

Sure hope someone will respond to the original inquiry about this error. --GJ

I'm able to export to my custom configuration without sources, so I'm guessing "ASOUR" is code for a source issue.

How can I figure out which source or source type is the problem? I only have 2583 sources (in other words, I don't have a source number that matches the number in the error message.

Next step? --GJ

Okay...

1) I'm able to export without error to GEDCOM from the sample project, using the default GEDCOM format.

2) The error occurs AFTER individuals and families have been exported, just as the export process starts to export sources.

3) I'll go back now and try to export without source (sigh).

I'm able to export to my custom configuration without sources, so I'm guessing "ASOUR" is code for a source issue.

How can I figure out which source or source type is the problem? I only have 2583 sources (in other words, I don't have a source number that matches the number in the error message.

Next step? --GJ

See if you have a source #0 (generated accidentally) somewhere. Seems to me that caused a problem with exports.

Virginia

Next step? --GJ

Is it just a coincidence that if you take 2583 (your number of sources) and remove the 3 from the end and put it in front you have 3258 as mentioned in the error message? Hmmmmm......

I'm not well versed in TMG but that seems a bit strange to me.

Is it just a coincidence that if you take 2583 (your number of sources) and remove the 3 from the end and put it in front you have 3258 as mentioned in the error message? Hmmmmm......

I'm not well versed in TMG but that seems a bit strange to me.

Roy,

The 3258 was from the error message in the original post and probably has nothing to do with the number of sources. I have less than half that many sources.

Rick

This GEDCOM export error should be fixed in v7. I'm still looking at the specific issue to see if I can figure out a work-around for v6.12.

The problem is that two source element groups were added (Citation Memo and Repository Memo) and the GEDCOM export code was not updated to deal with these two additional source element groups.

So... If you have any source that uses a source type or locally edited source output template which uses either of these two source element groups, you will get this output error. The only work-around for v6.12 would be to remove those source element groups from any output template that uses them for all sources that you plan to export. Maybe putting them in sensitive curly braces would work as a temporary fix.

Edited by Jim Byram

See if you have a source #0 (generated accidentally) somewhere. Seems to me that caused a problem with exports.

Virginia

Virginia,

I don't have a source 0 in the Master Source List.

Thanks,

I don't have a source 0 in the Master Source List.

There is no such thing as source #0. If, for some reason, a citation is not linked to any source, it will show a 'link' to source #0 (which means the absence of a link).

To clarify my mention of a source #0, I had recalled an earlier discussion possibly linking a gedcom export problem (similar error msg) to a source #0. Searching the tmg-l archives, I see it was a couple of years ago, if it was a problem is probably fixed, and is most likely unrelated to the present problem. FYI, that discussion is at:

http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/read/tmg/2005-04/1113053815

Virginia