When "Link Project Explorer to Other Windows" is selected the Picklist behaves oddly. It searches normally as I type but when I quit typing it continues processing my keystrokes then reverts back to the person I was on when opening the picklist. I've observed this behavior on both the simple and expanded picklists.

I've dealt with this for a long time now (several minor and at least one major version) and know how to fool TMG into behaving otherwise. I wait a couple of beats after the the picklist stops searching then type the final character of the name.

I've never seen this mentioned in the forum so I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this behavior.

Regards,

When "Link Project Explorer to Other Windows" is selected the Picklist behaves oddly. It searches normally as I type but when I quit typing it continues processing my keystrokes then reverts back to the person I was on when opening the picklist. I've observed this behavior on both the simple and expanded picklists.

I've dealt with this for a long time now (several minor and at least one major version) and know how to fool TMG into behaving otherwise. I wait a couple of beats after the the picklist stops searching then type the final character of the name.

I've never seen this mentioned in the forum so I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this behavior.

Regards,

I have seen this but it is caused by typing too fast...I suspect that you are typing the characters for your search before the Picklist fully opens and positions itself to the current focus person...

Um, I'm hunting and pecking but you appear to be right. In the couple of seconds that it takes the picklist to open I can type enough to cause this behavior.

Thanks for the tip.