RGC

Open Office compatibility

Some time ago I reported problems with TMG and Open Office; see

(Forum)

MS seems to have fixed the WORD problem (failure when too many end notes) - at least for reports of the size I create.

Terry has come up with a solution for the section break problem in WORD but not one for Open Office (he didn't try because I didn't ask).

But the problem with squared graphics still exists. Since it doesn't happen for reports generated by WORD, there's apparently something unique about the output from TMG that triggers the problem in Open Office Writer. It would be nice if whatever that is could be identified and avoided if possible. Creation of a macro to solve the Open Office Writer problem has met with failure because (as I recall) it's apparently not possible to address the necessary graphics feature.

This was reported to the Open Office people, and although they recognize that any document which will open in WORD should open in Open Office, I haven't seen any interest in fixing it (TMG reports seem to be the only problem source, so it's likely low on their fix list).

Does anyone have a solution (other than tediously fixing each graphic independently)?

Dick