ebiggins

How to change default place style?

I've created a second data set within my database to research my brother-in-law's family. I created it by copying him, my sister and their kids from my data set to a new one. Everything went fine, but when I add new addresses they're using the US place style. My first data set is still using UK place styles, it's only happening with the new data set. Because I have the UK localised edition, I cannot access the default place style section in preferences.

How can I change the default place style for this data set?

How can I change the default place style for this data set?

File / Data Set Manager

Select the new data set and change the default name and place styles as needed.

File / Data Set Manager

Select the new data set and change the default name and place styles as needed.

I have tried that, but it doesn't work. If I return to that section, UK styles are still selected for both data sets, but only work for the first set.

You're talking about Add Person? Sorry. The default styles used by Add Person need to be set from the Add Person screen.

From the Add Person screen... Click [setup]. Then select the tag type in the left column and click [style] (on the right) to set the style for that tag type.

I have this identical problem.

I created a new data set and entered into it 16 people who might possibly be linked to my main data set tree.

The new data set is set via the data set manager to use UK name and place styles.

There is no place to alter place styles on the Add new person screen.

I am collecting UK census entries using UK version census tags for each of these people and entering the address.

The tag entry screen shows UK place style but the address field names are greyed out. When I OK to save the entry the program produces opens an edit Place style screen. This does not show the UK place style. It asks me to create a new place style.

Sometimes if I do this and call it UK place style, I am informed that the same place already has UK style and asked to cancel.

And TMG seems to create a new place style each time I add a census tag. Deleting these extra (unused) place styles makes no difference.

My main original data set still handles the tags correctly. But the new data set is driving me mad.

I recently reinstalled a new download of TMG to overcome problems with this project when adding significant numbers of new people. And maintenance and re indexing shows no errors. This is the first time I have used more than one data set in a project and it may be that the UK version cannot manage this?

Please someone help me over this.

E Wilcock