Hello, I have been using the VCF jpg export for some time now. I have also used the HTML map feature, however to use it properly I need the resulting link to contain the person number and if possible custom words. This feature is very powerful and even at present is great.

Q1 - where does the VCF person ID# come from

Q2 - could this ID be made the same as person number in TMG?

Q3 - could a custom string be added including leading zeros on the ID number?

thanks

Peter

Australia

Hi Peter,

It is some time since played with the HTML map file, so my memory may be incorrect. (I post-processed this file to create an index to a printed chart - just like you have for a street directory.)

I think that you can get the TMG ID# included if you ask fpr the TMG name output to to include that number, but not the leading zeros. It will be difficult to get VCF to add other custom information placed into the HTML map.

However, it is possible to post-process the file if you can define the rules for that augmentation. You may need to create 2 charts (one for the real JPG output) and the other to create the HTML map file with your identifiers for extra content. Of course you need to do this so that the box layout remains identical for both runs - care and experimentation here. The HTML file is just a text file, so a macro any programmable text editor can make those changes (but don't try yo do that in a word-processor). In the UNIX/LINIX world you can use one of Python, Perl, Awk, Sed, etc to do this task. I used a Windows version of Awk to do my changes.

Open the HTML file in your browser and take a look at the Source and you will then see how each chart box is treated.

The VCF map contains the internal TMG person number. You can convert that to an ID# by reading the _$ table in the TMG database. (Per_No is what VCF uses, and Ref_ID is what users see.)

For Q3, only Wholly Genes can answer, but I suspect you'll have to post-process the HTML map file. That's what Second Site does.

If it's not feasible for you to convert the internal number to the TMG ID#, you could use Second Site to do it for you, and then edit the HTML produced by Second Site. Create a one-person per page site in SS with Static Page Assignments turned on. Import the chart by adding a VCF Chart User Item. Make the site. In the MAP for the chart page that SS makes, the links for each person will be to "pN.htm" where N is the TMG ID#.