JohnR

Name tag suffix field

The Name tag suffix field was, I presume, designed for the use of "Junior" "III" etc. Unfortunately I have also used it for decorations, degrees and other abbreviations that a person is entitled to use after their name. This results in a tortuously long name appearing in reports when the personal pronoun is not called for.

e.g. Dr. Sir John Doe, K.G., V.C., D.S.O., D.C.L., M.A. is fine for the first name tag in a paragraph but its boring when it occurs several times. Is there a way of getting a report to just use say, First and Surname when the "full name" is used in a report after the first occurrence?

John

(...) Dr. Sir John Doe, K.G., V.C., D.S.O., D.C.L., M.A. is fine for the first name tag in a paragraph but its boring when it occurs several times. Is there a way of getting a report to just use say, First and Surname when the "full name" is used in a report after the first occurrence?

Hi John,

To handle your example, simply create a new Name-Var Tag for the name "John Doe," then make it the Primary.

The name with titles and postnominals should only appear once. (Edit the Sentence for the Name-Var Tag for the long name to customize it, if desired.)

Earl

Hi John,

To handle your example, simply create a new Name-Var Tag for the name "John Doe," then make it the Primary.

Earl

Funny, I posted a thank you note to this yesterday, anyway thanks for the tip.