patthepiper

Printing Problem, Journal Report

I am having difficulty printing a file which contains several colateral lines.

The screen display of the file is perfect. Page 1 displays the Progenitor. Subsequent 'twigs' each start on a new page. Pages are numbered in sequence.

In saving to file as Word Ver. 8, there are problems, and Word recovers the file. On examination, Page 1 is blank, Progenitor data begins on page 2. Following the last page of the Progenitor's data are two blank pages numbered 1 & 2, the 'twig' data beginning on page 3. Two blank pages precede each subsequent 'twig' numbered as before 1,2 & the twig data begins on page 3.

I'm baffled! Could someone please help?

I am having difficulty printing a file which contains several colateral lines.

The screen display of the file is perfect. Page 1 displays the Progenitor. Subsequent 'twigs' each start on a new page. Pages are numbered in sequence.

In saving to file as Word Ver. 8, there are problems, and Word recovers the file. On examination, Page 1 is blank, Progenitor data begins on page 2. Following the last page of the Progenitor's data are two blank pages numbered 1 & 2, the 'twig' data beginning on page 3. Two blank pages precede each subsequent 'twig' numbered as before 1,2 & the twig data begins on page 3.

I'm baffled! Could someone please help?

A quick fix!

After posting the above I opened the Word file and after deleting page breaks the pagination righted itself.

I would however appreciate any information on preventing the imbedding of unwanted page breaks in Journal files.

Patt

What version of Word are you using?

Word version 8 was Word "97" if you are using Word 2000 or later (including Office XP) you use "Windows 2000 or later" output

Patt

What version of Word are you using?

Word version 8 was Word "97" if you are using Word 2000 or later (including Office XP) you use "Windows 2000 or later" output

Peter,

Many thanks.

Pat