I recently merged two large datasets with many individuals in common. Since then I have been merging the individuals in common. With each merge there are some tags to delete. Sometimes after I delete a tag TMG forgets which ID number I am focused on and switches to the first person (in surname sequence) in my file. This has been an annoyance but I just go back to the ID number I am working on.

This evening after I merged the two ID numbers for one person things suddenly got much worse when I deleted a tag. The person's name was gone. I edited the name tag to put it back and then all the tags for that person disappeared.

At that point I restored a backup file and the person was there fine. I then optimized the file and the person was still there fine. Then I did a backup and the name disappeared again. I tried to edit the name tag but it would not take. The other tags were there fine. I changed to a different ID number and then changed back to this individual. At this point all the tags for the person were gone.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Gary Kueber