johndh

Import .ftm files from FamilyTreeMaker 2008

I made the mistake of importing my previous FTM data into the "upgraded" FTM 2008.

A horrible "upgrade."

However, the files from FTM 2008 are saved in a .ftm format.

Unfortunately I've added information since I upgraded.

How do I import that into my newly purchased TMG 6?

John D-H

Key West FL

hello, I am having problems with my new tmg version 6.......I am trying to import my ftm files from that program into the tmg, but every time I try there comes an error: Declare DLL call caused exception, and it says it is trying to import 6,000+ individuals into the tmg, but there aren't that many individuals in my ftm files.

can someone help me import my files into tmg???

thanks,

Bev

hello, I am having problems with my new tmg version 6.......I am trying to import my ftm files from that program into the tmg, but every time I try there comes an error: Declare DLL call caused exception, and it says it is trying to import 6,000+ individuals into the tmg, but there aren't that many individuals in my ftm files.

Because of other reasons, I would import your FTM data by way of a GEDCOM file. Export your FTM data to GEDCOM and import the GEDCOM file into TMG.

btw... Can you send me your FTM database for testing? I'll look at the error issue. If a ZIP archive of the FTW file is too large for email, I'll tell you how to upload it to a Wholly Genes server.

Please contact me directly. Click below for my email:

Jim Byram