Guest Michael Dietz

Minor bug in Master Place List

Guest Michael Dietz

I believe I have found a very minor bug in the Master Place List. Enter a new location. The create a "List of..." report for places, filtering for Start Year = 0. None will be found. Yet if you display the Master Place List and look in the Start Year field, there will be a value of 0. The only way I have been able to get that entry listed in the report is to remove the 0 from the field and then enter it again.

Thank you

Mike

It's a refresh issue. Exiting after the edit and restarting the program will also 'fix' it.

I'm having a problem replicating this in the current beta. Mostly, the MPL edit takes and will immediately show in the LofPlaces report.

Guest Michael Dietz
It's a refresh issue. Exiting after the edit and restarting the program will also 'fix' it.

I'm having a problem replicating this in the current beta. Mostly, the MPL edit takes and will immediately show in the LofPlaces report.

Thanks for the reply Jim.

I tried your suggestion with no luck. I have tried reindexing, optimizing, VFI, and exiting and restarting. I still get none found when I try to print the list of places with the filter set to Start Year = 0. I am printing to the screen and get There are no qualifiying places. I am using v6.12.

Now as I said this is a very minor thing, especially since it seems to be fixed in v7. Which brings me to a very leading question. Will we be able to purchase v7 on the cruise???? Maybe, maybe, pleeeease. (My wife says whining always helps).

Mike

The cake will come out of the oven when it is baked. B)

That's good Jim. We wouldn't want to use and half baked product. :D

(My wife says whining always helps).

Not really - perhaps if you are a woman :D

That's good Jim. We wouldn't want to use and half baked product.

Tasting the dough could be fine too :) - but sometimes it causes stomach pain :huh:

If Whollygenes searches beta testers (for geman language or english) .... I will do this job :D:D