sjmizell

Reports Descendants

If you are looking to print spouse parents then (sadly) the DIN report lacks that capability (I don't know why).

I use the Journal Report - different output format but it gives the maximum amount of detail including spouse parents.

We've come accross this before. For me TMG beats all the others, but this is a major failure of TMG. They treat spouses very badly!! My only solution is to export to FTM 2006 (2008 "rewrite" version still seems very dodgy), then use "outline descendant" tree which includes spouses and their parents details. Good as a working document for research, uses much less paper than a normal tree, and easier to "stick" the pages together. I don't suggest you use FTM as your database though. Ask if you want more detail.

How do i get the spouse data included on the descendants narative report?

The Descendant Indented Chart does include spouses. It is really a very similar report with a few graphic characters inserted for clarity.

I don't understand why TMG would neglect including spouses in any report. They neglect the spouse of record in the Direct Line Ahnentafel Report, also. Such potentially valuable reports, without the spouse(s) of record, are completely useless to me.

Let us wish,

Mike Talbot

The Descendant Indented Chart does include spouses. It is really a very similar report with a few graphic characters inserted for clarity.

The problem with the Descendant Indented Chart is that there is little choice of "data" options, BMD and that's it. Oh and it doesn't wrap multiple lines correctly, try including memos.

The only way I've found in TMG for flexible "data" types inc spouse is the Desendant box chart, but that can use a lot more paper than indented charts.

Its a sorry state when TMG, the best Genealogy database, fails at the last hurdle, report printing, and I have to use FTM for both "all-in-one" tree and ""outline descendant" charts.

I hear there is a TMG v7 is the offing. Let's hope they give us (at an upgrade price of course) some useful things like the reports we've mentioned here, and not just bells and whistles.

I hear there is a TMG v7 is the offing. Let's hope they give us (at an upgrade price of course) some useful things like the reports we've mentioned here, and not just bells and whistles.

Hi Pete,

In my experience TMG have always given a fair upgrade price and I would be surprised if that was to change.

Nor have they released new versions just for the sake of doing so. I do not know if there is an intention to change the reports however I am confident that any changes will include useful functionality in addition to some "bells and whistles".