dougalabama

Apple Computer considerations

I have been using The Master Genealogist program for a number of years on my PC. I am thinking about buying an Apple Computer and wondering what that would involve in transferring my genealogical data to the new computer. I know the new Apple Computers allow you to have a Windows operating system along with its usual Apple OS. I am curious about the experiences of those who have switched O.S.s' and how it has gone. Are you pleased with the change or are you sorry you ever considered. I appreciate any input on this subject.

Thanks

Doug

P.S. Does The Master Genealogist have an Apple version?

I have been using The Master Genealogist program for a number of years on my PC. I am thinking about buying an Apple Computer and wondering what that would involve in transferring my genealogical data to the new computer. I know the new Apple Computers allow you to have a Windows operating system along with its usual Apple OS. I am curious about the experiences of those who have switched O.S.s' and how it has gone. Are you pleased with the change or are you sorry you ever considered. I appreciate any input on this subject.

Thanks

Doug

No whollygenes does not have an Apple Version.

Helped two people set up a virtual pc copy of windows xp on the Apple computer using Parallels Program http://www.parallels.com/ and then installed all the regular windows programs including The Master Genealogist program and it works well.

One of them has since switched to an Apple genealogy program not sure which one? ( http://www.macgenealogy.org/ )

Thanks

Doug

No, TMG does not have an Apple version. However -- using Parallels (as in the reply above) you'll never know that you're not using a PC. It runs beautifully (actually, a little faster), does whatever you want it to do, etc. I highly recommend it! That way you can have your cake and eat it too :D And you can also use the other PC programs you're used to, ie: Quicken, etc.

Carol Collns