bkreuter

Notes that that do not apply to an tag (event)

I'm a recent converter to TMG from FTM. The notes about this person all downloaded into a tag called notes.

I have stated slowly moving all the information that applied to a specific Tag (event) so it would be sorted cronologically into those events.

There are still non event type notes like personal traits, habits and memories of subjects I would like to retain and put in books I print.

I have found I can put a date out in the future in the sort date but nothing in the regular date field which moves it to the rear of the Journal print out of this person (Also attached non event photos and documents to that tag so they would also print after narrative instead of before).

My problem is that the sentance structure for the tag NOTES keeps trying to print. I have tried to revemove the sentance for this tag both in the Tag list maint and the paticular tag on that person with no sucess.

Any suggestions form anyone?

Adding a note box to the person might be sometning to consider in future updates.

bkreuter

There are still non event type notes like personal traits, habits and memories of subjects I would like to retain and put in books I print.

My problem is that the sentance structure for the tag NOTES keeps trying to print. I have tried to revemove the sentance for this tag both in the Tag list maint and the paticular tag on that person with no sucess.

You should change the sentence for the Note tag to:

You must have a sentence structure and this will print the memo as is.

Adding a note box to the person might be sometning to consider in future updates.

Why? You can add as many Note tags for a person as you wish. You can date them or not. You can position them as you wish chronologically using the sort date. You can control the output with the sentence structure. You can annotate them with citations and with embedded citations as necessary.

(That'll never happen in any event. It's a violation of the first rule of how TMG is designed. In TMG, data is attached to individuals by using tags and flags. Tags include names, events and relationships... Note tags (which can be named anything that you wish) are 'events' in this context.)