jpezz

Features vs UFT in reports

I am considering TMG as a replacement for my UFT. However, I can't find two features in reporting that I use.

1) I want a report of everyone that is by surname starting with the earliest ancestor and including all descendants but with no repeats. i.e. the children are all shown based on the eldest male ancestor. In UFT, for a daughter who has children, it shows for example:

MarySmith was born (Unknown Date). She married David Jones in Atlanta, GA, 1949. David was born in Brad, FL April 4, 1935. David died November 21, 2003 in Birm, AL, at 79 years of age. (See David Jones for the continuation of this line.)

or at least something similar to this.

2) UFT allowed me to output html in one file (with names shown as a link from their listing as a child of the parents to the child's full information) or in multiple files where the child linked to a separate web page for the child so the web page wasn't a mile long.

Can either or both of these be done? I have tried all sorts of reports but with the options so flexible, I can't seem to find a way to do either of these.

I am considering TMG as a replacement for my UFT. However, I can't find two features in reporting that I use.

1) I want a report of everyone that is by surname starting with the earliest ancestor and including all descendants but with no repeats. i.e. the children are all shown based on the eldest male ancestor. In UFT, for a daughter who has children, it shows for example:

MarySmith was born (Unknown Date). She married David Jones in Atlanta, GA, 1949. David was born in Brad, FL April 4, 1935. David died November 21, 2003 in Birm, AL, at 79 years of age. (See David Jones for the continuation of this line.)

or at least something similar to this.

No. For example, in a Journal report... The couple would have a children list.

Any child with no descendents would have his/her details at that point.

Any child with descendants would be continued as the subject of his/her own section. The information for continued children can be minimized in the child list.

A Descendant Indented Narrative would have no repeats.

(If someone who reads this has additional suggestions, I'll revise my response.)

2) UFT allowed me to output html in one file (with names shown as a link from their listing as a child of the parents to the child's full information) or in multiple files where the child linked to a separate web page for the child so the web page wasn't a mile long.

A Journal report in HTML could be in one report or in separate reports by generation.

Although TMG can generate narrative reports in HTML, Second Site is a much more satisfactory way of producing a web site based on TMG data and SS can have a page per person although that is usually not recommended because of the huge number of pages that would be generated.

http://www.johncardinal.com/ss/

Here is a huge listing of websites created using Second Site.

http://winters-online.net/ss2websites/