jpezz

Importing From UFT with Adoptees problems

I import my file from UFT into TMG and find that adoptees not only have an adoption relationship to their parents but the adopted child shows that there is a marriage tag between the child and the father. Tag type is Marriage but the persons when I double click on the event show the child and adopting father. The mother shows a witness tag to this. Why do these additional events show up. Only the adoption should show.

since I am just playing with TMG at this time to decide whether to buy, I make no permanent changes there and always go back to UFT, delete the old TMG project and reimport. I'd like to make the final import have as few problems as possible.

In UFT, there are two events for the child - a "Family" event showing the adoptee and adopting parents as principals, and an adoption event showing the same. Is this causing the problem and would that require just fixing these in TMG?

What I would like to see is that on the screen, the child's parents would show natural parents; an event would show adoption; the sibling screen would show the other adopted and adopted parent's natural kids kids as siblings. On the adopted parent screen, the children's adoption events would show and the "Children" screen would show the adopted and natural children. On charts, there should be an option to show adoptees in a different color or with a different line connecting them to adopted parents.