MsScarlet1957

"cusbookmarkmanager.mgetbookmark Index tag is not found" error

Hello, I was rushing around here and accidentally CLOSED tmg before it had finished a "reindexing" and now the program will not open at all.

I get the above error window and "retry" and "ignore" do nothing but bring up the same window and "abort" just closes the error window, but leaves the spash screen and I can't do anything but close it using ctrl-alt-del

What should I do? should I just re-install TMG to the same program folder?

I know I really screwed up... need help

see error window attached

Update: Just rebooted computer and I can get a different project to open, but not the one I screwed up.

I probably can restore from a back-up, but that is four days old, (yes another screw up, should have backed up last night)

post-292-1196960618_thumb.jpg

Edited by MsScarlet1957

Try deleting the index files and see if that fixes it. It's easy enough to do and often fixes a problem like this.

1. Make sure TMG is not running.

2. Go to C: > Program Files > The Master Genealogist > Projects and delete the approximately 29 *.cdx files of the project that won't open. To find them easily View > Details; View > Arrange icons by Type. If TMG went into Repair Mode, you may not have all 28 cdx files.

If your project opens:

3. Run File > Maintenance > Optimize

Run File > Maintenance > Validate File Integrity (until there are no errors)

Hope that does it!

Virginia

Try deleting the index files and see if that fixes it. It's easy enough to do and often fixes a problem like this.

1. Make sure TMG is not running.

2. Go to C: > Program Files > The Master Genealogist > Projects and delete the approximately 29 *.cdx files of the project that won't open. To find them easily View > Details; View > Arrange icons by Type. If TMG went into Repair Mode, you may not have all 28 cdx files.

If your project opens:

3. Run File > Maintenance > Optimize

Run File > Maintenance > Validate File Integrity (until there are no errors)

Hope that does it!

Virginia

Virginia, I went to the file you said for me it is at:

S:\programs 2007\the master genealogist\projects

and that folder is totally empty.

My project itself I keep on a different drive that being:

D:\kens sends\TMG our family

with the name of the database being "joint project"

therein I only have these file types:

.acc

.asp

.dbf

.flp

.pjc

and two text documents

nothing actually shows .cdx

Normally you would have in your project about 29 cdx files unless Repair had started up and deleted some of them. You should also have about 29 dbf and 18 or so fpt files.

Check whether Windows Explorer is set to hide those file extensions. That setting is in Windows Explorer > Tools > Folder Options > View > 'Hide extensions for known file types'.

If you are unable to find and delete the index (cdx) files - or if that does not help, you should contact tech support directly using the Outgoing tab of the Message Manager to email them. They may want to look at your project.

Virginia