whittoncarolyn

TMG & Windows appearance options

In preparing a lecture for RUG, I tried changing the Windows Properties Display Appearance settings to one of higher contrast and larger font for greater onscreen visibility. The TMG windows also change, making it easier to read the title bars.

But, the Tag Entry boxes in TMG also change background and font colors. The result is some of the labels on tabs, place entry, and names of the persons become unreadable because they change to too light a color for the new background colors.

I tried using Advanced in the Windows Display Appearance, but couldn't locate the correct Windows item to change to get more readable font colors in TMG tag boxes with any high contrast setting or with many of the other non-standard appearance options in Windows. I returned to Windows classic standard settings, which TMG handles ok.

I suggest TMG enable some alternate font/background settings to go with the various Windows Display Appearance setting choices. Particularly those Windows display options which take high contrast or larger fonts, as many TMG users might like to use the larger fonts.

Or, give us some direction on what to change in Windows Display Appearance Advanced settings to get the tag entry screen labels readable with at least some of the optional Windows backgrounds.

Have you gone into TMG7's preferences (Program Options > Colors) and changed the Lists section and also looked at (Current Project Options > Colors)?

And maybe increase the font sizes to help with legabilty.

Carolyn,

You can change them globally with WINDOWS default, or window by window but not both.

Could you post a screen shot so we could see the problem area. There might be something you could do to make it easier to read.

My fonts are black, my backgrounds a light green and I can read them fine. I know some users need white fonts. I was able to get white fonts as well with Windows default.

A screen shot would really help us to see what you are trying to do. Don't know if it can be done, but we can work on it. <G>