Sign in to follow this  
bienia

WISHLIST Enhancements to Individual Detail report

Embellishing the Wish List for improvements beyond v7.00

The Individual Detail report currently only gives the tag and witness data for the subject, which includes birth data on children and marriage to spouse(s) and divorce if the subject is entered as one of the principals.

I would like to have TMG produce a more detailed Chronology for an individual. The Individual Detail report with the addition of an age column and improved child descriptions, i.e. Son-Birth, Dau-Marriage, etc., would be a first step. The age column (3 digits) could be a report option, that would insert it between the date and the details (similar to the age option in the Person View.)

The current report shows life span of parents, but not their marriage. This could be added (perhaps optionally) to the Father line at the top of the report. I would like to expand this and include Divorce as well (perhaps in the same option as the marriage.) If a particular Divorce should remain hidden, that tag should be be set to exclude (or always exclude) it. The options to show excluded data or show sensitve data are already in place.

The report would require the addition of the marriage and death of children (births are shown but not labeled as such) that occur within the life time of the subject. Births of chidlren are already shown in the report, and controlled by the Child Tags option in the Miscellaneous tab. I would suggest options to select either child Births (current data) or child BMDs.

Spousal events like Divorce would appear there if both Principals are entered for the tag. Death of a spouse should be shown as well. (I have a widow/widower role which adds this data in a round about way - perhaps this is sufficient.)

The current details are terse because only the tag name and role names are shown along with the names of people (spouse, children), and place. Many of the details are included in the Memo field, which is not shown. Perhaps an option to show [M] or [M1] would help to provide details. I hesitate to suggest to allow the user to select and of the [M1] to [M9] memos, but this may be an option that could be considered.

This complete report would provide a unique analysis tool for the life events that occured within the lifetime of the subject. Some such as death of a spouse or a child, or marriage of a child, could help explain turning points in a person's life.

Edited by bienia

This is not something I am doing...but something to think about in this regard.

How about if a marriage was annulled? They were married for awhile because there was a wedding date, and then the marriage "did not exist in the first place". What's the timeline for that??

I'd probably treat it like a divorce, anyhow.

---------------------

My wife's father was married twice to the same person concurrently. The first wedding was by the courthouse JP to make the marriage legal (I won't sleep with you until we are married kind-of-thing, we think). The next wedding was the fancy-schmancy one that everyone expected with military swords, etc., but they couldn't tell the wedding party that they were already married. The first wedding was secret at the time, but is of record. My wife recently received a copy of both marriage licenses.

Edited by retsof

How about if a marriage was annulled? They were married for awhile because there was a wedding date, and then the marriage "did not exist in the first place". What's the timeline for that??

I'd probably treat it like a divorce, anyhow.

If you have documents for both events, then you would record both events in TMG, and use notes (in memos) to explain circumstances. This is a perfect place for the new [+] code to concatenate the two tag sentences, but retain separate sources for each. If there was an intervening tag (for whatever reason) use the sort date to place the two tags in chronological order.

You have have to modify the start of the annulment tag to something like "[+] and was annulled..." to remove the principal names and allow the sentences flow into one another.

I recently read of a case where a couple eloped since the bride was under age, her father found out, found and brought his daughter home, and had the marriage annulled.

(Note that you cannot simply record the tags and insert the double exclusion marker "--" (no quotes) at the beginning of each sentence, to make these events disappear from all of your reports. You will see the tags on screen, and in some reports like the FGS, but not in other reports like the Individual Narrative.)

I am not playing with narrative sentences, but am keeping in direct data mode for SS2.

I found a birth record in VA. The official designation for father said, "can't tell who".

Another death record had wife died of "old age". For duration of illness, it stated "two weeks".

I still haven't figured out another situation there. A child had two birth records iwith the same name listed. These/this were/was not twins. One listed the first wife and the other listed the second wife, and the records were on adjacent lines of the court house ledger. The marriage of the second wife was a month before the birth of the child, and I couldn't find any local death record for the first wife. "Who was the mother?" is still the question.

In Texas, I saw several death records in the early 1900s that stated merely, "Mexican" with no name at all for someone that lived his entire life. Sad.

Edited by retsof

ARe you sure there weren't two children. I have a man whose wife had her child in the hospital just days before the woman he (how do you put this nicely) was with had hers at home. Their birth certificates are three or four apart on the roll of film and he's listed as father on both.