Jack D. Lovelace

Add People Button on Tool Bar

The first and second times that I used the "Add People" button on the tool bar, it worked. The third time, and all subsequent times, that I tryed it, all the buttons on the toolbar are darken and the exit button for the progarm is darkened. This requires the program to be stopped using the windows task manager.

This is a known problem, Jack, and it happened to me too yesterday. I was able to close TMG using 'Check for an Update' on the Help menu - which allows TMG to close its open files and shut down normally. If 'Center the Current Window' on the Window menu is not dimmed too when this happens, sometimes selecting that will fix the problem.

You might try the menu Add Person instead of the toolbar and see if it is better.

Virginia

This is a known problem, Jack, and it happened to me too yesterday. I was able to close TMG using 'Check for an Update' on the Help menu - which allows TMG to close its open files and shut down normally. If 'Center the Current Window' on the Window menu is not dimmed too when this happens, sometimes selecting that will fix the problem.

You might try the menu Add Person instead of the toolbar and see if it is better.

Virginia

Add person from the menu doesn't work for me either. Contemplating adding my demise to my TMG data :wacko:

John,

The regular Add menu works for me, but not a custom toolbar button. Don't leave us yet, you have to train someone to use TMG so they can add the funeral, burial, obit...That's more work than living another day. LOL

When the Add Person window appears to freeze the program, see if the Esc button will restore the screen without having to shut down the program.

If you have multiple monitors enabled in Preferences, deselect it. It solved the problem for me - at least for now , but has not helped everyone.

The menu Add Person might work more consistently.

Virginia

When the Add Person window appears to freeze the program, see if the Esc button will restore the screen without having to shut down the program.

If you have multiple monitors enabled in Preferences, deselect it. It solved the problem for me - at least for now <g>, but has not helped everyone.

The menu Add Person might work more consistently.

Virginia

I just tryed the Esc button and it unfroze the screen without my having to shut down the program.

I have three monitors in my system and I am running TMG on two monitors. I disabled multiple monitors in preferences and it cleared up the problem with the system freezing when the Add People button is selected from the tool bar. When I then enabled multiple monitors again, the Add People button on the tool bar still worked without freezing the system.

I have never had a problem adding people using Add on the menu.